1968 to 1970: An Axelrod Anthology (1999)
Born in Los Angeles, California
Active since 1960 and onwards.
An award-winning producer for Capitol Records who produced, great jazz, funk, and soul records during the 1960s and ’70s, from Stan Kenton to Lou Rawls to The Electric Prunes to Cannonball Adderley. David Axelrod created his own distinct style. He has earned one Grammy and five nominations, along with seven gold records. Serious jazz lovers will recognize his name.
Axelrod freely uses drums, horns, strings, string bass as well as woodwinds along with key board, in his compositions. Poetry has been an influence on his compositions. He is considered a visionary and the father of fusion.
2. Holy Are You – The Electric Prunes
3. Holy Thrusday – David Axelrod
4. For What It’s Worth – Lou Rawls
5. Kukuchi – Letta Mbulu
6. Mental Traveler – David Axelrod
7. Space Spiritual – Nat Adderley Sextet
8. London – David Axelrod
9. Urizen – David Axelrod
10. School Boy – David Axelrod
11. Sign, Pt. 1 – David Axelrod
12. Fly – David Axelrod
13. General Confessional – The Electric Prunes
14. Smile – David Axelrod
15. Human Abstract – David Axelrod